Thursday, August 7, 2008

Party Time - RSVP to Join Us

To Valjean's many friends and family: Please join us directly after the memorial Mass to celebrate Valjean with a reception at Piper Hall at Loyola University.

Date: Saturday, August 16

Time: 2-6 PM

Place: Piper Hall, a two-story building on Loyola’s Lake Shore Campus in the Edgewater neighborhood. The building is immediately behind (north of) the Loyola University sign, at the corner where northbound Sheridan Road turns west in front of the University.

Easy parking is available for $6 in the University’s parking garage. Or try your luck at street parking.

Are you coming? Please let us know by August 13.

The best way is through a comment on the blog. Simply click on the word "comments" under this blog entry and you'll see a box to enter your comment. Let us know how many people you're speaking for. Choose an identity ("anonymous" is fine; you can always identify yourself in the comment box if you wish); then click on "publish your comment."

Directions from St. Gertrude's church (1420 W. Granville)

- Go east on Granville, cross Broadway and Winthrop and turn left (north) on Kenmore. If you hope to find street parking, start looking here; you are now within two blocks of the university.

- Continue north on Kenmore,cross Rosemont, and continue through the light at Sheridan and Kenmore to enter the Loyola campus. If you have riders in your car you can drop them off at this point and they can walk east (towards the lake) to Piper Hall (on the lake at Sheridan.)

- To park in the garage, turn left as the entry drive curves. Continue straight and you will come to the entry gate for Loyola U parking.

- To walk back to Piper Hall, simply head toward the lake on the entry drive or Sheridan Road.

If you need a ride, just ask. You can also catch the #151 or 155 bus, or walk (it's less than a mile).

If you get lost, you can call Mark McKelvey at 773/220-2815. No rescue dogs will be sent, but you will get an ear full of sympathy.

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I will be there, and would like to help in any way that is needed. Just let me know. Patricia Casey

Anonymous said...

Yes, I will be there. Cathy Dusberger

Unknown said...

Count me in for one.

Anonymous said...

I will not be able to attend, but would like to thank all of you for taking such tender care of our girl.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I plan to be there with my husband Pat. Marcia Pradzinski

Unknown said...

My husband Bill and I will be there for sure.

Nancy Thorne

Anonymous said...

I will be there.
Bob Schneiger

healthcareoccupier said...

I will not be attending as I will be in upstate NY vacationing with family.
I will be with VJ and all of you in spirit.

Anonymous said...

Tim & Sue Sandvoss will be there (Nancy's sister).

Anonymous said...

Yes, I will be there. Let me know if there's any way to screen some short videos that VJ made.
Judy Hoffman

Anonymous said...

Kate Green and niece Sally Station will be there for sure. Many thanks!

Anonymous said...

Yes, we will be there .
Vicki Onderdonk and Ron Nowicki

Anonymous said...

I plan to come - someone was going to contact me about VJ photos .... marc@pokempner.net THANKS for organizing this!!

Sally Station said...

you guys give great directions. mujeres tenĂ­an que ser. thank you and i will bet there. sally station

Anonymous said...

We will be there. Thank you for organizing this.

Denise Zaccardi and Ken O'Hare

Anonymous said...

I will attend. Dina Petrakis

Anonymous said...

I plan to attend mass, not sure about party. Grace Healy

Anonymous said...

Jeff Stasik will attend.

Unknown said...

Lisa and I will be in attendance at Valjean's celebration on Saturday.
--paul

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that I cannot be there but my thoughts will be with you. Thank you for keeping us informed about everything. Best,
Daryl Gilbert

Anonymous said...

count me in for one.
eric

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to comment late (today being the 14th, but I plan on coming to Valjean's memorial party. And if I can be of help let me know. ---Jim Zivic

Anonymous said...

We plan to be there.

Paul and Candice Buchbinder

Anonymous said...

sorry to be late

yes..i will be there...at Loyola.

can't get free to be at church.

--Tom Weinberg

Anonymous said...

I'll be there, probably with my daughter. Many thanks for organizing this, Andra

sarah e. lauzen said...

I'm sorry i can't dme, but i will be thinking of valjean all day (and beyond). And I will do something special for her. If I can get to the lake toss flowers. --sel