Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Good News, Sad News

Greetings, all. The CT scan showed the lymph nodes in my left chest are now within normal size. The big mass in my right lung has shrunk by a third and turns out to be two smaller masses. These results are very good, according to my oncologist. The docs are really not looking for shrinkage at this point, as the radiation will continue to kill the cancer for another three months, and today's chemo and one more treatment April 1 will continue to do their work. My oncologist says I am her healthiest stage III patient. I am satisfied with these results to date and think they are quite promising.

I go back in a week for a blood draw to look for any adverse side effects from today's chemo, and I'm to phone if I develop any symptoms before March 18 (the blood draw). Meanwhile I have yoga tomorrow morning, dinner with Kate and a friend from Halifax, Nova Scotia tomorrow evening, acupuncture Thursday morning, and Thursday afternoon at the collision shop getting my car damage estimated and repairs begun (unless they tell me the car is totaled, given that it's a '96). Friday morning, another yoga class, followed by a visit with a friend from Ohio.

I did have some very sad news yesterday, that my beloved Shakespeare professor, William E. Brady, died at home in Galesburg the evening of March 9. He was a gifted teacher with a large capacity for life, and I grieve his passing. Please keep him and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

4 comments:

elpaseo.communitygarden@gmail.com said...

Amazing! Terrific news! You are a wonder! I'm so delighted and I know your many friends are as well. Way to Valjean! Guess the universe proceeds.

Anonymous said...

You forgot sitting Thursday evening! Who forgot?

xoxo
shm

bonnie mcgrath said...

that is sad news about your professor.. i hope he had a long and happy life...

but such good news about your treatment working--and being so healthy to boot!!! way to go!!! i knew if anyone could scare a tumor away--or whittle it down to size, you could!!! love, b

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear of the shrinkage and that the results are looking so good.

I had been out of town and caught up on your blog....love the signs.

Stephanie