Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Breathing Easier

I sat down to meditate tonight, and it seemed to me I am breathing easier. Whether this is due to the steroids that are coursing through my system, to the chemo, the radiation, to all or none of the above, it's nice, and I'm enjoying it. Those antinausea drugs are working wonders, and I am very grateful.

I thought I would be featuring photos of radiation therapy for your viewing pleasure, but given that I left the house at 6:45 a.m. , I didn't even think about pulling out the camera once I got to Treatment Room A.

I did, however, pull out the camera for Cecelia O'Connell's 92nd birthday celebration tonight at the far more civilized hour of 8:30 p.m. Cece's daughter Mary took the snaps. If John McLarnon is reading this, I hope he takes note. Cece would like to go back to Ireland this summer, and I would like nothing better than to introduce John to Cece. I believe you would enjoy one another immensely.

The O'Connell family had another blessing to celebrate: the birth of Claire Cecelia to Mary's daughter Sarah Bush and her husband Hap Bryant. Born at 11:40 p.m. January 8, Claire Cecelia weighed in at 6 pounds, 15 ounces. A very welcome -- and beautiful -- addition to the family. See for yourself:
And yet two more blessings: Mary's nephew Patrick O'Connell was present at the birthday party. He and his wife Brenda were in a terrible car accident not too long ago. We have all been praying mightily for them, and while Brenda is still mending, it was a joy to see Patrick.
So with these glad tidings, I bid you goodnight. I have radiation again at the crack of dawn. As of Friday we move to 8:15 a.m., and possibly next week to 8:30.

3 comments:

bonnie mcgrath said...

you look and sound great... and am glad to see it. loved the pix of the o'connell birthday, too.. and the baby news... you know, you are going to have a GREAT book from this blogging.. each of your posts gets better than the last... your spirits are high, it seems and that is so good. you will be good as new in no time.. love, bonnie

Anonymous said...

How totally beautiful! You seem to be an attraction for all things good.
Love Sallie

Anonymous said...

I've had 2 open heart surgeries and 3 right hip surgeries. My right knee needs to be redone, but am forestalling it with syn visc. We "Mac" girls are extremely tough. I don't know if you are aware but Barb Kuhn died about a couple of months ago. Best of luck!

Ginny