Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Day One in Pictures

To embroider on yesterday's theme: I left the house at 7:15 a.m. in company of the indefatigable Giudi W, and did not return until 8-ish in the p.m. So I thought to do a quick blog tonight: Day One in Pictures. Uploading is usually a snap, but tonight, the software forced me to Kodak's web site for an upgrade that took 45 minutes. So Day One In Pictures has not been quick, and we just never know what will happen.

For readers who want the bottom line, today went fine. Chemo is long - a couple of hours of saline and various preparatory (anti-nausea) medicines and electrolytes and whatnot go in through my handy chest port prior to the 2 chemo drugs, one which is infused over 10 minutes, the other over about 2 hours.
Meet Cathy, my oncology nurse. She is emailing this photo to her mother and worried that her mother will wonder why she hasn't had a haircut.

Below you have a view of the patient on Day One, the patient's view,
lunch with Francine, who took over from Giudi at mid-day, and a beautiful horiatiki salad that I enjoyed with Francine at dinner in Greek Town. Thanks to the fact that I'm chock full of steroids, and to the wonders of anti nausea medications, my appetite remains intact.

Following lunch we proceeded to radiation, which took longer than usual


because they had to take a bunch of X rays, and because afterward we schmoozed with the radiation therapist, who I thought had gone home for the day. Coming soon, perhaps as early as tomorrow: Radiation in Pictures. I didn't document radiation today, and now I am retiring, given that I'm leaving the house at 6:45 tomorrow, in company of Captain David P.
Good night all, and many thanks for your kind words and support.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Long days babe! Looks like there's a great team there! You need a coloring book! Remember to...oh what do I know! xoxoxox sallie