Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Tuesday's Tempo

Long day today, so just a quickie: Tuesday's Tempo includes a feature story on our "Share the Care" system and photo of yours truly on the first day of chemo, in the company of Francine. The story is by Julie Deardorff, health and fitness reporter, whose blog is now linked to this one.

After radiation therapy, my radiation oncologist sent me to a dermatologist to get the rash on my chest and back checked out. The dermatologist took a precautionary biopsy; he suspects the rash is a reaction to chemo and/or radiation, despite the fact that it started before treatment began. He prescribed two creams, which I will try tonight. In the grand scheme of things, the rash is not a big deal, in my view, but I guess they want to take care of it now, before the effects of treatment start to accumulate.

The upshot was that I spent from 8:30 a.m. to approximately 3 at the hospital today, so I was beat when I got home. After a nap I perked up, and I am now going to veg out in front of the tube for an hour or so (resting up for a strawberry sundae). Good night all.

2 comments:

Jack Hafferkamp said...

Valjean.

It was the Trib story that clued me in. My, it has been a long time since we've talked and I -- like many, I'm sure -- was both shocked to hear of your condition and encouraged by the fact that you look pretty darn good in the photo. I do hope that's the case and that the story is bringing a bunch of people out of the woodwork to wish you well.

bonnie mcgrath said...

what a cool story... it really explains what is going on in your life..... love, b