Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Brain MRI

Had an MRI of brain this morning. No big deal - it was like being strapped down at a very bad punk rock concert. Learned I'm not claustrophobic. Tomorrow night, a PET scan. Met a social worker by phone, ordered a reference book through link from Leonard, who continues to be invlauable, got some invoices out. Spent some time on the phone w. my insurance customer care representative. Some docs at Northwestern are in the preferred provider network, some are not. This is going to be fun. Customer care rep couldn't tell me if care provided through Northwestern's Lurie Cancer Center is covered. She needs a tax ID number. I emailed asking for it. Stay tuned. There's a reason they call us "patients."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, Valjean, you are a veteran warrior of all things healthcare related, and it will serve you well.

Good thing you have lots of free time to be on hold ... ha! Keep breathing.

Love, Bets

Anonymous said...

I researched PET scans on the internet since I didn't know much about them. Fascinating what can be seen in the human body. As always, I'm hoping all the news you get is the best case scenario.

Anonymous said...

Valjean, I'm so sad to hear this has happened. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please let me know if I can be of any help. There is an herbal tea that is supposed to help with cancer, Essiac tea. I have taken it as a liver detox. More info at www.herbalhealeracademy.com. I will be checking the blog.

All my love, Sue