Thursday, December 27, 2007

What Stands in the Way Is the Way

The plumber who was supposed to arrive at 9 this morning arrived at 1:40 p.m. instead. He just finished working, and my friend Ken is now doing the drywall. I am scheduled for a CT scan tomorrow at 7:30 a.m. and cannot find out whether I am precertified. The precert lady at the cancer center went home without responding to the two messages I left for her, and when the Patient Services Rep called Unicare (my insurer) to inquire about my precert, Unicare said they were waiting for additional clinical info from the precert lady. I phoned the director of clinical research, who told me yesterday to call him with any paperwork or administrative problems, but he tells me he doesn't do insurance. I still don't know if I'm even precertified for chemotherapy, but that's another story, and we have til Jan. 3 to sort that out. There's nothing to do but await developments tomorrow. I have canceled my meditation group tonight because of the work that is still underway in my bathroom. But I will meditate alone on a comment by one of our group: What Stands in the Way Is the Way.

No comments: