Sunday, December 30, 2007

Getting Organized

An infrastructure for supporting this battle is beginning to take shape. My cousin Sarah and I have roughed out a system for tracking/approving/paying bills. Giudi W (blessed be she) and I spent 3-4 hours setting up a filing system. Some of the "Share the Care" captains met this morning and roughed out as much of a system as can be roughed out at this point for the month of January. I won't know my radiation schedule until Jan. 3 at the earliest, and my time slot may change as the month progresses. A patient requests a preferred time, and if/when that time opens up, they slot you in. At the suggestion of the oncology nurse, I'm aiming for 8-8:30 a.m. M-F. Chemo will be once every 22 days, which I think means that my next chemo (after Jan 3) will be Jan 24. Acupuncture will be 2X/week if I can manage the travel; that schedule, too, will depend on the radiation schedule. We're looking at ways to link through this blog to the weekly care schedule and the rotating captains' schedule. Anyway, I'm feeling reasonably well prepared for treatment, and eager to get underway. Anxious, too, of course. But I guess that comes with this territory.

No comments: